Trouble downloading large file 599 mb g4 emac 1ghz

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ExtremeMetal, Feb 7, 2009.

1. ExtremeMetal macrumors newbie

Hi I just bought some drum loop samples online and they had a facility to download them while the disk comes ( i live in UK they are in USA) they provided me with a link to the file, about 599mb. when I try to download it on my mac it seems to go ok but only downloads about 400-460 mb its says done but the whole file is not there and wont unzip. is there some sort of limit on firefox or os x im using firefox 2.0.0.14 g4 emac 1ghz 768 ram. Im currently halfway grough downloading it on my windoze laptop but it galss me to have to use it as My little emac is usually so efficient. any answers to my puzzle, I tried it twice but both times it only downloaded about mid 400 mb. thanks...paul

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. ExtremeMetal thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks , no i did not try safari, that is a good idea, obviously mine is an older version on my panther G4 but it may have done the job, that is a good idea for next time. I meanwhile downloaded the file on my windoze lappy which seemed ok, i could not go back to win after this mac though it has really operated flawlessly for the past few years, apart from the wont start from standby after a long period problem which I believe is caused by a leaky capacitor. Thanks for your input have a great sunday and thanks for the help. best wishes....paul