Trouble editing track information in my iTunes library. Help please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lifeguy, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Lifeguy macrumors member

So, I am trying to edit the album information in my library for a bunch of different CDs. Unfortunately, whenever I do make the appropriate changes it always changes it back to the original album information once I play one of the songs. So, how can I permanently change the album information for all of these albums. I've already tried using the 'Get Info' tab, and I'm still having this problem

For example, I have an album information listed as:

Live Phish 01 - 12.14.95 - CD1

I tried to change it to the following:

Live Phish 01 - 12-14-95 - Disc 1

So after I change all of the album information, and I play a song from the album, that particular song will reset the album information back to what it originally was.

Is it because the album information are two similar? I doubt that's the case, so why is this happened? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

2. cowm007 macrumors regular

Are you selecting multiple songs at a time and changing all of them? Or are you selecting the individual tracks and going one by one? Try the alternate method of what you're doing and see if that helps. iTunes is quirky with tags sometimes.

3. Lifeguy thread starter macrumors member

Yup, I've tried both ways with no luck.

4. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

Are you using the latest version of iTunes? I came across the same problem since installing 7.6 - iTunes started to change some songs' genre as soon as I double-clicked on them. Permanent changes could only be made in the information window but not the library view (where it got changed back again).

5. starphish83 macrumors newbie

6. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Never re-encode lossy format files! The sound quality will just get worse.

Sorry OP I can't help you. I too have problems with certain tags in iTunes that I just can't get my head around. iTunes still has some serious issues when it comes to advanced tagging.