Trouble exporting HD quality files from Final Cut Pro for my website.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Banjo Ben, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Banjo Ben macrumors newbie

First of all, I'm using a Macbook Pro with Final Cut Pro version 6. I'm importing video from an SD card filmed with my Sony Vixia HF200 AVCHD camera.

My goal is to export HD quality files to upload to my website that accepts flv, f4v, and mp4 formats. When I try exporting using Compressor to the mp4 format, the sound quality is there, but the video plays at half speed and has vertical lines in it. I've tried it several times, and have even first exported a .mov file from FCP, then used Compressor only to have the same results.

I need help! Is there a 3rd party software that anyone recommends? I just downloaded a trial version of iSkySoft, and it created a decent version of the original file, but I still need higher quality.

Does anyone have a solution? How do I export quality videos from FCP that are a decent size for uploading to a website?

Thanks in advance!

Banjo Ben

2. filmweaver macrumors regular

Good Luck, I am having the same problem. I wish Apple would fix this problem instead of concentrating on the iPhones, iPads and all the other gadgets that are new. I had this problem ever since around June 9th - 10th. or around the same time 10.6.4 came out.

Vertical lines in SD format. If I view it at the size of a iPhone it looks fine, makes me wonder.

I was told to never do an update in the middle of a project, I guess I had more confidence in Apple than maybe I should have had..