Trouble finding simple stock portfolio tracker

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by luckylefty01, Apr 8, 2008.

1. luckylefty01 macrumors member

Hey everybody...

Basically I'm looking for a simple stock tracking app that tracks the value of the stocks you actually own that actually works.

Basically something that lets you input shares, purchase date, and price, and then tracks the value of your stock from day to day including the daily gain and loss for your stock. That's pretty much all I need (but I do want more than say the simple built in stock widget that only shows the value of a single share).

Like http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/28050 for example. Or http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12117.

Except neither of those actually run on my new macbook pro.

Most of the offerings out there seem to be either way more functional then I need and costing a ton, or shareware that tends to still be pretty buggy/unstable and/or out of date (and I'm willing to use freeware/shareware that still has a few rough spots...I'm talking nearly unusable here).

Ideally I'd love freeware of course, but if it's really a decent app I'll shell out for it.

If anybody can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. jaymo18 macrumors newbie

3. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

+1 for StockMarketEye. It's very very basic, but it's the only competent portfolio manager for Mac OS X that I've come across. I'm still demoing it though.

Some negatives I've found in SME:

It would be nice if they partnered up with TD Ameritrade like many of their competitors, for account access/trading and real time market data.

For some reason, I think it won't let you delete cash (non-stock) transactions. You can "cash out" of the transaction, but I'd like to delete the transactions altogether (which were entered by mistake) to keep it clutter free.

4. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

Spoke with their support staff about the negatives I mentioned above:

They aim to have a new release out, within the next month, to address the cash transaction issue.

TD Ameritrade support is on their radar, but there is no time table as of yet.

They're working on implementing price alerts and charting for technical analysis.