Trouble Installing Application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aipotiurfderf, Jun 4, 2010.

1. aipotiurfderf macrumors newbie

I'm trying to install and application called WBFS and every time I double click it, it does nothing. I checked the system log and it is giving me the message "Permission Denied". Can anyone help?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

There are numerous WBFS managers for the Mac. However, my bet is that you did not install your WBFS manager on your hard drive. You are trying to run it from the mounted .dmg file.

3. aipotiurfderf thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't installed it, that's what I'm trying to do. Can you tell me where to get a different WBFS manager?

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Some software for Mac OS X has an installer. Others just require you to drag a downloaded application into the /Applications folder. It could very well be that your software could be of the latter variety. Drag the application icon into the Applications folder and double-click on the copied application to launch. Does it launch correctly this time around?

5. aipotiurfderf thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I tried that too. It just says "Permission Denied" in the console app
    This has happened to me before in the past with other applications. They just won't install.

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It would helpful if you gave the exact name of your WBFS manager and where you downloaded it.