Trouble Installing iLife 11, Please Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DavidWilton, Nov 24, 2010.

1. DavidWilton macrumors newbie

Got iLife 11 today and ran the installation no problem. I have included screen shots below...

[​IMG]

ALL GOOD SO FAR

[​IMG]

SEEMS ALL GOOD AT THIS POINT

[​IMG]

IMOVIE IS FINE

[​IMG]

GARAGEBAND IS FINE

[​IMG]

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I TRY AND OPEN IPHOTO

[​IMG]

AND AS YOU CAN SEE IT HAS NOT UPDATED MY IWEB...

CAN ANYONE THINK WHAT IS GOING WORNG I HAVE WENT THROUGH THE PROCESS THREE TIMES :confused:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, there's no need to type in all capital letters. Second, iWeb was not updated in this release of iLife. Did you even notice the iLife website?
    ScreenCap 1.PNG

3. DavidWilton, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010

DavidWilton thread starter macrumors newbie

First, it's only a few uppercase letters and secondly you didn't answer my iPhoto question...

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

And with your attitude, I'm not going to, either. The answer is very simple to find with Google. You're on your own.

5. DavidWilton thread starter macrumors newbie

In my opinion I have every right to respond to your reply with the same attitude you took with me. Getting at a new member for typing in the wrong letter case is, in my opinion, ridiculous. The reason I had typed in caps was because I thought it would be easier for the readers to follow my step by step screen shots.
    Then you follow this statement with "Did you even notice the iLife website?", this is worded quite rashly. Yes I did check the site, I just didn't notice. You could have worded you response in a much more civil manor.

I thought this forum was an online community in which people help each other. Most of all senior members like your self helping out the new starts like me. However when I see senior members that are on some sort of power trip or something it makes me think I would be better off looking else where for an online community. Thanks for the very little help you have provided...

6. GMikeyMike macrumors newbie

Dave,

Find your photo library and back it up before you go any further.

iLife '11 is a complete disaster...well...the iPhoto '11 part of the package is a disaster. People have lost whole and partial photo libraries.

Go to the Apple support pages. There are thousands of people in the same boat. Better yet, call Apple and ask for support.

I was a big Apple fan until this upgrade.

7. tjb1 macrumors 68000

All you have to do is download a patch they released on the update server...not that difficult. I mean I think the picture is self explanatory as what to do.

8. MasterTick macrumors 6502

I dont have iLife 11 but don't you just need to click on the  logo > Software Update?

9. g8orballboy macrumors regular

Just run the seperate "Software Update" utility and it'll download an iphoto patch that will then let you launch iphoto... iWeb wasnt' updated in iLife '11

10. SkiSamoens, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2010

SkiSamoens macrumors newbie

Thanks

I am still less than one week into my life on a Mac and had exactly the same error message after installing iLife 11 to update the iLife 09 which came pre-installed. I was hoping to have left such problems in my previous Windows life; a bit naive there perhaps!
    However, I found your post and that solved it. Many thanks.