Trouble Installing Updates to the GoldMaster

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by oliverames, Aug 10, 2011.

1. oliverames macrumors member

oliverames

So as a developer, I upgraded to the GoldMaster version of Mac OSX lion which has the same build number as the current version in the Appstore. However, when I try to install iCloud Beta 5 or Beta 6 I am getting an error that "the volume does not meet the requirements for this update". I also am having the same problem installing updates to the OSX via DMG files and not the Appstore and the Appstore tells me I already installed Lion.

My question is, what is up with the disk that I can't install these updates and why can't I update the gold master using these update files from the developer program? If Lion installs shouldn't these other systems install as well? My computer is an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz machine with 4 gigabytes of ram. The gold master build number is 11A511.

I repaired disk permissions and the disk itself using fsck -fy

Attached Files:

2. meptik, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

meptik macrumors newbie

Not sure which OSX updates in particular you're talking about, but if I recall correctly the latest iCloud Beta's require 10.7.2. That would explain why they won't install on the GM.

Edit:
    In one of your screenshots I just spotted the 10.7.2 update. I guess you tried installing that one first?

Edit 2:
    Now I see. I notice you're running 10.7 Server? The 10.7.2 update won't install on that.

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Just remove the ServerVersion.plist from /System/Library/CoreServices then install 10.7.2

4. oliverames, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

oliverames thread starter macrumors member

oliverames

worked well! thanks!

more problems...see below

5. oliverames thread starter macrumors member

oliverames

Turns out that was a pre-mature answer. As instructed, I removed that incorrect .plist file and performed the 10.7.2 update. The next step was to get iCloud installed however, the same error occurred. Screenshots below.

Attached Files:

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Hmm, not sure. Things work find for me. You did not have 10.7.2 running at all did you? You need to run the OS X Lion 10.7.2 Update Reversioner 11C35a (TAR) if you did. Then install iCloud for OS X Lion beta 6

7. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I was having the exact same problem and running the reversioner solved the problem.