Trouble installing Windows 7 with MacBook Pro Early 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DVNIEL, Mar 3, 2011.

1. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Is anyone having trouble installing Windows 7 through bootcamp with their new MacBook Pro?

I have the 15" 2.3 quad. I partition the drive, I insert the disc and click start installation. The computer then restarts, but doesn't go to install, it stays that at that white screen, eventually a folder with a question mark pops up.

I tried restarting and holding the control key, but no drive options show up. I've tried this for both my 32-bit and 64-bit discs.

Anyone else have this problem or do I have a faulty machine? Oh and yes, I even reformatted my hard drive.

2. Derango macrumors regular

It's the option key that pops up the boot selector. Not sure if you misspoke.

Not sure if that will fix your problem though. I've never experienced anything like that and I installed windows on my new MBP last night.

3. whyzdom macrumors regular

I just installed win7 ultimate 64 lastnight, no problems.

4. Nelix macrumors newbie

I also tried to install windows 7 and it all went okay, but I cannot connect to the internet not by wifi or ethernet.

does anybody else encountered this problem and how did you solve it??

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Did you install the drivers using your Mac OS X disc?

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Worth asking -- do you have the Boot Camp 3.2 for 2011 MBPs update installed?

Oh wait, this thread is from March. Why did it get bumped up?