Trouble installing Windows 7 with MacBook Pro Early 2011

DVNIEL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
California
Is anyone having trouble installing Windows 7 through bootcamp with their new MacBook Pro?

I have the 15" 2.3 quad. I partition the drive, I insert the disc and click start installation. The computer then restarts, but doesn't go to install, it stays that at that white screen, eventually a folder with a question mark pops up.

I tried restarting and holding the control key, but no drive options show up. I've tried this for both my 32-bit and 64-bit discs.

Anyone else have this problem or do I have a faulty machine? Oh and yes, I even reformatted my hard drive.

Derango

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
I tried restarting and holding the control key, but no drive options show up. I've tried this for both my 32-bit and 64-bit discs.
It's the option key that pops up the boot selector. Not sure if you misspoke.

Not sure if that will fix your problem though. I've never experienced anything like that and I installed windows on my new MBP last night.

Nelix

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
I also tried to install windows 7 and it all went okay, but I cannot connect to the internet not by wifi or ethernet.

does anybody else encountered this problem and how did you solve it??

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
I also tried to install windows 7 and it all went okay, but I cannot connect to the internet not by wifi or ethernet.

does anybody else encountered this problem and how did you solve it??
Did you install the drivers using your Mac OS X disc?

Chupa Chupa

macrumors Pentium
Jul 16, 2002
Worth asking -- do you have the Boot Camp 3.2 for 2011 MBPs update installed?

Oh wait, this thread is from March. Why did it get bumped up?