Trouble Launching Final Cut Pro

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by bertomactic, Apr 5, 2011.

1. bertomactic macrumors member

bertomactic

I in stalled Final Cut Academic version on my PowerMac G5 1.6 ghz, 1 TB hard drive and 2 gb of ram. But when I try to open Final Cut Pro it attemptes to open i can see all kinds of files rushing by ( i am assuming they are loading) but when it gets to " Audio Filters" Final Cut hangs and the little wheel things just keeps spinning, and spinning and FCP never opens, why,why,why?????Help help help??!!

2. simsaladimbamba, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

simsaladimbamba

What exact FCP version on what exact Mac OS X version do you use?
    Did a complete removal of FCP and reinstallation work?
    Can FCP launch in another (even temporarily created) user account?

Btw, maybe a better thread title would be "Final Cut Pro X.y (version) does not start in Mac OS X 10.x.y on a G5 PowerMac".
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

3. goMac macrumors 603

Is Final Cut 4 even supported on 10.5? That's ancient.

4. TorpedoIPA macrumors newbie

Has this version of Final Cut Pro (whatever you are using) worked on this G5 previously?

Example: FCP 5.1.4 on a G5 D1.8, and D2.0 running Mac OSX 10.4.11..... both machines run this just fine, but both machines also have PCI-X Blackmagic capture cards in them too which I am still using for audio playback, but don't capture much tape anymore.

Since it seems to hang upon launch, I'd first recommend killing your FCP preferences.

User>Library>Preferences> find: "com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist" and toss it out. empty trash, and re-launch FCP.