Trouble mounting hard drive since Lion install

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by danmc00, Jul 25, 2011.

1. danmc00 macrumors regular

I tried to turn on one of my external hard drives that I store movies on today and I get this message.
    [​IMG]
    I tried uninstalling NTFS-3G and MacFuse and I still get the same error message. The weird thing is that I have 3 external drives. Two of them won't mount and the other mounts just fine.

Any ideas on what to do next?

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I take it they're formatted as NTFS. ExFAT is a good filesystem that plays nice with recent versions of OSX.

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I had this issue too. I just downloaded and installed the latest version on NTFS 3G + MacFuse. Which coming close to a year old now.

Now I get the following message.
    Screen Shot 2011-07-25 at 12.07.04 PM.jpg

This only pops up when I boot. The funny thing is my NTFS volume still mounts with NTFS-3G as you can see my Windows drive in the screenshot. I can read files from the volume and write files to it. So other than a mildly annoying popup after a restart everything works fine. I'm sure they will make an update for Lion. I just hope they don't just offer an update for the paid Tuxera.

4. danmc00 thread starter macrumors regular

I used Tuxera free trial for 15 days and it worked fine, but now my trial is up. Are there any free programs out there to make this work?