Trouble Opening Certain Installers On Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by strausd, Dec 22, 2010.

1. strausd, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010

strausd macrumors 68030

So recently I tried to install a Genuine Fractals trial on my Mac Pro but the installer would never open. Whenever I tried opening it on my MacBook Pro, the installer opened perfectly. Now I am trying to install a Twixtor demo on my Mac Pro and am encountering the same problem. It opens fine on my MacBook Pro, and I have no idea why it won't open on my Mac Pro. I tried clicking the checkbox under Get Info for opening with Rosetta, but that didn't do anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT:
    Would it be possible to copy the files that were installed on my MBP to my MP without any issues? And how can I find out where they were installed to?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

When you try to open it, what happens? Completely nothing? Take a look at Console when you try to open it, maybe it will give a hint what's wrong. I would try repairing permissions with Disk Utility as well, it's worth a shot.

3. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

Oh my gosh thank you so much!

Here is what would happen, after I double click the installer app on the .dmg, it shows up in the dock, and about a second later a second icon just like it shows up in the dock. Once the second icon shows up a little text box pops up saying "Authenticating installer, please wait." After about 2, maybe 3 seconds it just goes away. I don't even get a message saying it quit unexpectedly.

Looking at Console it gave me two things:

12/23/10 2:34:59 AM com.apple.ReportCrash.Root[3415] 2010-12-23 02:34:59.210 ReportCrash[3415:2e03] Saved crash report for Twixtor5.02Installer[3433] version ??? (???) to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Twixtor5.02Installer_2010-12-23-023459_localhost.crash

12/23/10 2:35:01 AM Finder[3013] Error loading /Volumes/CB 2TB 1/strausd/Library/Components/Grammarian.component/Contents/MacOS/Grammarian: dlopen(/Volumes/CB 2TB 1/strausd/Library/Components/Grammarian.component/Contents/MacOS/Grammarian, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
    /Volumes/CB 2TB 1/strausd/Library/Components/Grammarian.component/Contents/MacOS/Grammarian: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

Everytime I tried to open the installer it gave me that. I use this app called Grammarian for helping correct grammer in a variety of different applications. All I did was quit that and it opened perfectly. You are a life saver!