Trouble pairing Apple watch with powerbeats2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Lfcdan23, May 13, 2015.

1. Lfcdan23 macrumors member

Can anyone help my powerbeats2 wireless headphones turned up today but I can connect them to my watch!
    They pair fine with my iPhone but the watch says

"Make sure powerbeats is turned on, in range and ready to pair"

Can anyone offer advice?

2. DirkieMac macrumors newbie

Hey , i have the same , works Great with Watch , try to Turn Off Bluetooth on your iPhone and pair with the Watch again , i think they are paired with your iPhone

3. Lfcdan23 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your help but I Just tried and that doesn't work either!

It just keeps coming up with the same thing, I even tried updating the beats software but they have the most recent one!!!

4. Rogo117 macrumors regular

Tried restarting your watch and then pairing via settings on the watch? Also, "forget this device" on your iphone, and try pairing on the watch first.

5. Lfcdan23 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks I now have the headphones paired (but keeps dropping signal) but when I play music on my watch rather than the sound coming though my headphones it plus on my phone! Even though the watch says the headphones are paired

Any clues on what I'm doing wrong?

6. Rogo117 macrumors regular

You can stream music from your iphone or watch. To do it from the watch:

First, make sure you've got music sync'd to your watch through the iPhones watch app.

Then, when you're in the music app on your watch, force touch the screen and select source, then airplay should pop up. Select your beats.

7. Lfcdan23 thread starter macrumors member

Finally got it working thanks for your help, some songs won't sync with my watch prob wrong format!
    They work fine on my phone

The sound is great be good to see what it does the watch battery

8. FunkyTang macrumors regular

What worked for e is updating the PowerBeats2 to version 1.11.1 Firmware.

9. ScottyS2112 macrumors newbie

Just experienced same problem using Powerbeats Wireless2 and iWatch Series 2.

I solved it by restarting the watch and trying Bluetooth sync again. Seems to be working perfectly.

10. THE-ATLANTEAN macrumors newbie

THE-ATLANTEAN

--- Post Merged, Jan 26, 2017 ---
    The only way is the same as you would set up the talking Mickey Mouse only you may have to unpair the watch from the phone and "repair" it again! However maybe not necessarily is this process the case try it without unpairing first! The only way is to pair the Power Beats 2 earphones...... DRUMROLL.......!!!??? While your watch is on the Magnetic Charger...!!!??? Duh...??? I know, but it worked just got of the APPLE CHAT and they fixed it..!!!!

11. CoachDriver macrumors newbie

Try putting the watch in airplane mode then turn on Bluetooth on the watch and pair. Then airplane mode off. This worked for me with some MPOW Coach Bluetooth headphones which wouldn't pair with the watch originally.

12. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

I hate the fact that I cannot pair BT headphones or a BT speaker to both my iPhone and Apple Watch.

In order to pair my BT headphones to my Apple Watch (for using while running without my iPhone) I had to unpair the BT headphones from my iPhone, then put my iPhone in airplane mode, then put the BT headphones in pairing mode and try to pair with the Apple Watch. Even after all those steps it still took about 3 tries to get it to connect.

One it connected it stayed connected and works well. I did make the mistake of attempting to pair the headphones with my iPhone once again and it cause the Apple Watch to forget the BT headphones and I had to do the above steps all over again.