Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sholzer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has run into the issue I’m having.

Bought a used S4 watch and I am not able to pair it to my iPhone X. Whether I do the animation or try to pair it manually, I get a message saying my iphone needs to be updated to the latest iOS before I can pair and then it automatically unpairs the watch. My phone is up to date on 12.1.4 and I believe the watch has the latest watchOS already.

I reached out to apple support and have an appointment to take it to a store tomorrow, but wondering if anyone else has seen this same issue and knows a fix.

Thanks!

Derzkin

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2015
This can happen if the watch was on the watchOS 5.2 beta, as it is a "newer" version. Indications are that iOS 12.2 will be released early next week, which should allow pairing to happen.

sholzer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
This can happen if the watch was on the watchOS 5.2 beta, as it is a "newer" version. Indications are that iOS 12.2 will be released early next week, which should allow pairing to happen.

Yep, that's exactly what it was! Went to 12.2 beta release 6 and it paired without issues

Reactions: matrix07
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.