Trouble pairing Series 4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MacintoshJosh3, Sep 24, 2018.

1. MacintoshJosh3 macrumors regular

Right after you take a photo of the cosmic orb and choose ‘set up as new watch’ it says we need to verify your Apple ID. I put in my password and it has been stuck here for 20 minutes.

Any tips?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2018 ---
    Phone is iPhone XS Max on the latest software.

2. MacintoshJosh3 thread starter macrumors regular

Really struggling with this.. Rebooted phone and watch, left on the verifying Apple ID screen for an hour but no progress. Am I missing something? I have had a series 2 for a couple of years and have never had an issue?

3. SCP macrumors newbie

Did you ever find a solution for this issue? Same problem here, have spent hours on the phone with senior advisor, sent in diagnostics, no luck. AW3 paired just fine with XS (was paired with X prior) on release day, AW4 showed up a few days later and it just gets stuck on verifying Apple ID. As you said, it sits there forever then finally saying pairing failed. Senior advisor and/or "engineer" requested me to unpair my AW3 and try repairing it with XS, low and behold, same thing with AW3, now I have no watch and have wasted hours...

4. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

Did you try removing the device from find my iphone and pairing again as a new device?

5. SCP macrumors newbie

Not sure which device you are suggesting to remove from FMi, but AW3 was unpaired and AW4 new so neither was on FMi. That said, I have no explanation whatsoever but somehow this evening the Watch app finally got my iTunes Apple ID to verify and setup the AW4 as it should have days ago. Installed backup from AW3 and everything is up and running like it should be, again, no answer as to what the problem or cause was. It sure as heck wasn't my XS as was being suggested by senior advisor.