Trouble Playing and Importing CD in iTunes 11

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pslawing, Apr 8, 2013.

1. pslawing macrumors newbie

Has anyone had any trouble importing or playing a CD in the new iTunes? My new CD from Amazon will play in the car and play on an old laptop (windows). But will not play or import on my new iMac with iTunes 11. Error says can't find file even though the CD loads with the music list and ask to import. I searched the Apple support communities and did things like logout and log into my account, restart ect.
    Any help will be appreciated.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Is it a Redbook CD or some type of data (CD-ROM)? If Redbook then it doesn't have a true file system. If it's a CD-ROM then what is the file format (FLAC maybe)? If it's Redbook then the disc must be defective (or scratched) on the inside "grooves" just enough.

3. pslawing thread starter macrumors newbie

Would a new CD from Amazon be rebook? Would you be able to play and import on an older computer?

----------

When I open the CD the only thing on it are AIFF files

4. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

If you bought a regular retail CD from Amazon (like the new Nickelback album), it's Redbook. If it doesn't load to iTunes, either the disc itself is damaged/defective or your drive isn't working properly.

Do you have a friend with an external CD or DVD drive that you can borrow and test with?

5. pslawing thread starter macrumors newbie

I imported on an old windows machine, wma files (yuck). Then converted to mp4, then put in iTunes, on mac, renamed etc. What a pain. This is the only cd that doesn't play or import in itunes. I will try in an older mac tomorrow at work. Thanks

6. pslawing thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, the mystery is solved, but it's strange. I obtained another external superdrive and the cds imported and played just fine. But the strange thing is that the "bad" superdrive imported and played other cds just fine, just not the newest one. Go figure. That's the 2nd bad superdrive I've had, I think I'll purchase a non apple one!