Trouble printing through Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Thorbjorn, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Thorbjorn macrumors regular

I got and set up a new iMac 24 and it's playing well with Time Capsule. Easy initial transfer, easy backups. The one issue I'm having is with trying to print through it to a Canon Pixma iP3000. Yeah, the printer's a little old but I downloaded and installed its updated driver and it seems to be recognized all around: can print with a direct USB hookup to the iMac, and it shows when I click + to add a printer in the System Prefs. After I click "+", it scans and brings up another box that reads as follows:
    Name: Canon iP3000​
    Print using: Canon IJ Printer​
    All of which is correct, and the printer shows up as a Bonjour connection. (Don't know whether I'm expressing that right.)
    Problem comes when I confirm and click Add. Basically nothing happens for a while and then I get an error message as follows:
    An error occurred while trying to add the selected printer. Error: -9672.​

Any thoughts anyone? I mean, I can just go back to hooking the printer up directly to my main computer, but I'm hoping to figure this out so I can wifi printing from my laptop etc. All help welcome. (I've done a bunch of searches and haven't come up with solution yet...) :confused:

2. LimeyYankee macrumors newbie

I had the same problem as you after setting up a Time Capsule. Under Airport Utility if said that my printer (Canon MP 610) was working ok. However I couldn't get it to print wirelessly.

I did a bit of looking around on the internet and this is what helped me out.

I had to unplug my usb cord to the Time Capsule, then turn the printer off. Go into Printers & Fax under Sys Preferences. Delete your printer, then plug your printer back into the Time Capsule and turn the printer on. Now click the + button and add your printer back on and us the IJ printer driver.

After I did this my printer worked wirelessly as advertised, I hope this might work for you :)

3. Pkaa macrumors newbie

Very helpful

Thank you very much.

I just bought an HP P1102 and struggled to get it to print wirelessly with my TC and after this easy setup it works. Thanks - if only I had found your posting prior to trying out many other options

4. czzchen macrumors newbie

still not working

I just follow your way unplug/turning off/delete/plue/on/add.... and still not working

my printer is Canon LBP5050
    Time Capsule
    and one PC, two MacAir

any suggestions will be very appreciated

cheers

5. SCoetzee macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thx this worked for me!!