Trouble Re-downloading ML from App store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uhslax24, Oct 7, 2012.

1. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

I've been having some intermittent issues with my rMBP, and after calling AppleCare, the support rep and I suspect that they are software related.

He recommended that I re-download OSX Mountain lion (10.8.2), but every time that I try to do so, I receive an error. This happens both in the App Store, and from the recovery partition.

Before the error, the download appears to be sporadic -- downloading up to 10 MB then resetting -- almost like it's cycling. I've tried downloading on three different networks.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any recommendations?

Brandon

2. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

What does it end up doing? What is the final error it gives?
    I have performed five or six Internet recoveries with no errors. Some are slower than others, but they all have completed.

Are you on WiFi? Do you have CAT5/6 Ethernet connection you can use?

3. uhslax24 thread starter macrumors 6502

uhslax24

Thanks for the reply. I've tried ethernet and wired on 2 of the networks and wifi only on the third. The error I receive says: "OSX Mountain Lion Failed to Download | Use the Purchases page to try again." That's both in the app store and in recovery mode.

I'd like to avoid making an hour drive to the apple store, but I will if it makes the most sense for me

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Well... I need to update my USB key to 10.8.2 anyway, so your post prompted me to reDL from the App Store. I'm about 250MB in and it is humming along just fine. Sounds like a connectivity issue on your end somehow.

5. uhslax24 thread starter macrumors 6502

uhslax24

Hmm..Ok. Thanks for the responses. I'll see what I can work out in the apple store.