Trouble reinstalling Adobe Photoshop CS2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Miss Mandy Mac, May 2, 2007.

1. Miss Mandy Mac macrumors newbie

I downloaded a trial version of CS2 from download.com. I installed it and it worked great. A few days later, I uninstalled it (following the directions on this page) thinking I wasn't going to need it anymore. Well, now I've changed my mind and want to put it back on there. I tried to reinstall it again, and it installs fine, and then when I open it, it goes through the whole process of opening up, but then it says Photoshop has quit unexpectedly and must close. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, and rebooting, but nothing seems to work.

It has not been 30 days since I downloaded the trial, it has not even been a week!

Any ideas?

Thanks so much for your help :)

2. Miss Mandy Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I did a search in this forum and found many, many other people had the same problem! :) Some suggestions were to delete the photoshop preferences (in User> Library>Preferences) and to Repair Disk Permissions (Applications> Utilities> Disk Utility), but neither of those worked for me. Then someone suggested to delete any unused Twain files (just spotlight Twain) so I tried that and it worked!

I tried to type out specifics so if anyone comes across this thread and has no idea what they're doing (like me:)) maybe it'll help. ;)