Trouble restoring 4.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by surfologist87, Sep 26, 2011.

1. surfologist87 macrumors 6502

I have 4.3.3 on my phone. I am jailbroken.

I need to wipe and restore, and keep 4.3.3...
    I have downloaded the 4.3.3 ipsw and i have edited my iTunes hosts file according to this website. On iTunes 10.2.2

iTunes verifies the update and i still get the error saying "This device is not eligible for the requested build".

All i want to do is wipe the phone clean, remove jailbreak and stay on 4.3.3. Any help is very much appreciated.

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

You should be able to achieve this using TinyUmbrella and the latest version of iTunes. Use TinyUmbrella to save your SHSH blobs from Cydia and it should work after starting the TSS server and shift+restoring in iTunes. Make sure the TSS server is running though.

I used this method with my iPad and had no problems. I didn't have to alter my hosts at all.

3. surfologist87 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.
    I got that installed earlier, but now i cant save shsh
    Is that because i am already jailbroken?

Edit: I see this now
    and at the bottom it says finished caching 1 shsh. I has a confuse.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You only have blobs for 4.3.5
    Maybe give ifaith a shot to see if it let's u backup your partial 4.3.3 blobs and restore to custom jb 4.3.3 using snowbreeze.

5. surfologist87 thread starter macrumors 6502

So i started the TSS server, went to itunes an retried the restore. It seems to validate but pretty much gets stuck on the recovery connect to itunes screen on the iphone and the preparing iphone for restore on the Mac.

6. SenseiPhone macrumors regular

Stay away from restore unless you have SHSH Blobs.