Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canadianchris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Ontario, Canada
So I just got my new Macbook Pro and everything works perfect so far (knock on wood). However I just discovered a strange problem when trying to scroll in Preview with multipage pdfs. I couldn't scroll between pages at all, it just flashes to random pages and then returns to the first page in the document. And even stranger it only seems to happen in preview and nothing else (Firefox, Safari, Adobe, Word etc all scroll fine). Anybody have any idea what might be going on?

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
If I zoom in then there isn't a problem scrolling, but I have noticed Preview to go mental when you try scrolling through a PDF with multiple pages.

Try using the arrows on the keyboard instead.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I think I know what the issue is...

How scrolling behaves in Preview is dependent on the display settings -- it only works like you expect it to work, I think, if you are set to continuous viewing. If you're in single page, then each "movement" of the scroll wheel or trackpad scroll moves a page. Except the problem is that, unlike a scroll wheel with detentes, you have no idea how many movements you made with the trackpad. So you end up on some random page. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.