Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Hi
Every now and again, but often enough to be annoying, emails I'm trying to send from my iPhone 6
will fail. I'll get a message saying:

" The recipient was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying ".....see attached photo.

I tested this by sending the same email to myself and got the same problem.

When I got home I sent the same email ( with the same medium size image attached ) from my Macbook Pro and it worked fine. I did the same from my iPad and they sent OK.

The email in question is a simple text message with a medium size photo attached 150kb in size.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_5545 2.PNG
    IMG_5545 2.PNG
    79.1 KB · Views: 88

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What sort of an email account is this? Is it configured in any particular way on the phone?

Last edited:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Never seen that before. Talk to the receiver of this email and ask if they have any filters that would prevent you mail from going through. Some companies will not allow their employees to get images and block them. Some even block all incoming mail unless it is a know sender with permission.

Companies are getting tighter these days and can not blame them.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
What sort of denial account is this? Is it configured in any particular way on the phone?

What is a " denial account "?

----------

Never seen that before. Talk to the receiver of this email and ask if they have any filters that would prevent you mail from going through. Some companies will not allow their employees to get images and block them. Some even block all incoming mail unless it is a know sender with permission.

Companies are getting tighter these days and can not blame them.

Don't think its this as:

A) I've tried sending it to myself and get the same result ( it won't send )

B) The recipient is my girlfriend - so i've sent her many emails with pictures - not THOSE kind LOL :D

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What is a " denial account "?

----------

Don't think its this as:

A) I've tried sending it to myself and get the same result ( it won't send )

B) The recipient is my girlfriend - so i've sent her many emails with pictures - not THOSE kind LOL :D

It was supposed to be "an email account" but wise autocorrect apparently decided that "an email" was meant to be one word that is "denial".

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Double checked your outgoing server stmp settings? since its only happening on phone and not other device seems like a culprit.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Double checked your outgoing server stmp settings? since its only happening on phone and not other device seems like a culprit.

How do you check the settings...I have no idea what the settings should be in the first place so how could I spot if something was wrong?? :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.