Trouble sending emails - iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbrown, Feb 18, 2015.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Hi
    Every now and again, but often enough to be annoying, emails I'm trying to send from my iPhone 6
    will fail. I'll get a message saying:

" The recipient was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying ".....see attached photo.

I tested this by sending the same email to myself and got the same problem.

When I got home I sent the same email ( with the same medium size image attached ) from my Macbook Pro and it worked fine. I did the same from my iPad and they sent OK.

The email in question is a simple text message with a medium size photo attached 150kb in size.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. C DM, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015

C DM macrumors Westmere

What sort of an email account is this? Is it configured in any particular way on the phone?

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Never seen that before. Talk to the receiver of this email and ask if they have any filters that would prevent you mail from going through. Some companies will not allow their employees to get images and block them. Some even block all incoming mail unless it is a know sender with permission.

Companies are getting tighter these days and can not blame them.

4. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

What is a " denial account "?

----------

Don't think its this as:

A) I've tried sending it to myself and get the same result ( it won't send )

B) The recipient is my girlfriend - so i've sent her many emails with pictures - not THOSE kind LOL :D

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

It was supposed to be "an email account" but wise autocorrect apparently decided that "an email" was meant to be one word that is "denial".

6. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Double checked your outgoing server stmp settings? since its only happening on phone and not other device seems like a culprit.

8. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

How do you check the settings...I have no idea what the settings should be in the first place so how could I spot if something was wrong?? :(