trouble setting up account on mac mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Sossity, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I recently bought a mac mini with 2 hard drives in it; a solid state one & the other drive is a 500 gb mechanical drive. the mini is running OS Lion 10.7.3

when I tried to install something, I was prompted for a password, the prompt box had mac mini, & a blank box for the password. I could not install the software because I did not know the password.

I then went into system preferences & created another administrator account with my name & password so I could install stuff.

I then went to software update to update the mac. After the download was finished, I was told another administrator was using safari & I needed to close it. So I went to the mac mini administrator to get out of safari, only to be prompted for the password I did not know.

2. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. simsaladimbamba

Is it a used Mac mini? If so, did you perform a clean install? What exact Mac mini is it?

4. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

no it was new but upgraded, I also found the password to mac mini, & installed the updates.

it turned out that the mac mini ahd the same password as the other administrator me.

I also found a way to delete the mac mini account, & just have my name as the only administrator.

so now under groups, there is just one administrator, me.