Trouble setting up wireless printing w/ Lexmark X4850

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gussio, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Gussio macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm a noob to the forum, apologies upfront if this is in the wrong place.

I'm having trouble setting up wireless printing for a Lexmark X4850 with a MBP OS X 10.6.6. I've turned off the firewall and can connect to the printer (WiFI light is green), however when I try and print I get an error message saying Printer is offline.

I printed the network set up page direct from the printer and the Trouble Code is 'Can't find Wireless Network'

I am a newbie to Macs so any help is appreciated

cheers

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Look into you router and get the IP of that "wireless" printer. Then once you get that printer's IP put it into your browsers address bar and click on the return button. This will take you to the web wiki of you printer and you should be able to check out the printer's setup and change anything you need.

Now in System Preferences->Printing right click in the left hand column and select to reset the printing system. This should help.

3. Gussio thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not using an external router or an airport extreme/express, simply the inbuilt AirPort card in the MBP.

I got the Printer's Netmask (is this the IP you're referring to) and put that into safari - didn't end up going anywhere.

When I open the Network preferences via the AirPort button on the menu bar I've noticed that the AirPort has a self-assigned Ip but the radio button beside it is Orange (not green).

I reset the printer in the System Preferences->Printer and now it's removed it from the list of available printers.

Back to square 1.