Trouble-shooting with drop down menus

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Golden Child, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Golden Child macrumors newbie

I have created a website using a table and slices and it is making it a little difficult to implement a drop down menu. The drop down function works fine on my site. However, when I click on the drop down menu on my site, it pushes down all of the images below it instead of overlapping the slideshow in my site. What can I do so the drop down menu will function properly? Here is the code:

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

First problem is that you're using a table for layout. It will never allow you to truly design like you want. You need CSS for a drop-down menu to function properly. Redesign your site using divs and CSS positioning, and you'll be able to achieve what you're looking for.

jW

3. manueld macrumors 6502

Not absolutely true. You can wrap your drop down menu in a div and give it a different z-index and that should not push your layout. But I definitely agree that you should learn how to not use a table for layout.

4. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

You really need to upload this somewhere with all the images and the broken drop down if you want any help in troubleshooting. Pasting in the HTML alone just isn't going to do it.