Trouble signing onto Lion Server

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by brainwave89, Dec 12, 2011.

1. brainwave89 macrumors 6502

I purchased Lion Server on Mac Mini and last night I proceeded to play with the Server App. I placed a password on it all was good.
    Tonight when I tried to sign onto Server the password was remembered but I can't sign in. I removed the password and signed in manually with the same result. I checked the password stored in Keychain Access and it was the password I entered in last night. It is the same password I use to sign onto the Mac Mini.

What can I do so that I can sign onto Server?

I also noticed that when I try to send email in my Gmail account in Mac Mail I receive the following error:
    An error occurred when trying to sign this message with a certificate from *&&^@gmail.com. Verify that your certificate for this address is correct, and that its private key is in your keychain.

2. piotrsu macrumors newbie

piotrsu

Hi

I purchased Lion Server on Mac Mini too few days ago... And have similar problem,,, server app and admin serwer app work just up to restart mac... After power problem or manualy restart is not possible to login to server app.. and manage server onto admin serwer app.. Before restart/reboot mac all services works quite fine... Sorry for my english... I can't to find how to fix this bug... I think it is a problem last upgrade to lion with server app... Let's try this
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3960
    I will try on monday
    PS

3. StevenMeyer macrumors member

StevenMeyer

From experience I can say that server is best installed on a clean install lion system. After a plethora of issues I did a clean install and all my pain went away.

4. brainwave89 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you StevenMeyer.

My problem is that I was signing into Server w/o any issues but all of a sudden it is rejecting my password.

Is there anyway to reset the Server password?

5. StevenMeyer, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011

StevenMeyer macrumors member

StevenMeyer

Im sure there is but is it worth it as opposed to just reinstalling?
    found this btw
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1194634

6. brainwave89 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you Mr. StevenMeyer!

That saved me a lot of time reinstalling Lion. That was sweeter than a drop of my favorite single malt.

Cheers!

7. rwwest7 macrumors regular

You'll want to re-insall Lion Server anyways, or at least prepare yourself to. Apple is not exactly reliable in the server OS department and it will just stop working suddenly for no reason at all. It does seem to be happiest on a clean install.