Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jawad7

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2003
I use email with Gmail and have this on my phone fine.

When I send an email using Gmail web interface - this appears in my sent items on my phone too. I've setup my Gmail on Mac Mail using Imap. Inbox, etc works and syncs fine, i.e. when I've read it on my mac it appears as read on the web gmail and iphone, but this doesn't happen for sent items.

For example - when I send an email on my iphone, it doesn't appear in the sent items on my Mac Mail. This is the frustrating part - any suggestions?

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
Why don't you have Gmail forward your email to your iCloud mail account. Works well and is very simple. it's easier than trying to sync everything.

To send using your Gmail address, enter it under your name in iCloud contacts. You might have to select it when you create a new email instead of having it as a default "send" email. Not sure about this, though.

I eventually switched to iCloud email, but still have the Gmail account open because it's my App Store/Apple ID and can't be changed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.