Trouble syncing content to new iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Harvey Specter, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Harvey Specter

I am going through the set up of my 64GB iPhone 6+, and am having tons of trouble syncing my music (nothing in my library will sync over),movies, and a dozen or so apps that are on my 5S.

My mac has the latest version of iTunes, and re-downloading the apps I previously purchased from the app store is to no avail. New app downloads seem to work after hitting download a couple times, but anything with the cloud symbol next to it doesn't work. This is the same for the iTunes app when I try do download 140 of my purchased snags that aren't present in my phone.

Anybody else running into this or have a fix? much appreciated.

2. Tibits macrumors regular

I had issues with my initial sync as well (setting up as a new phone). Disconnecting the Lightening cable and syncing over wifi worked. I'm not sure if there will be an issue with subsequent syncs over lightning cable as I have not had time to test.

3. ocabj macrumors 6502a

ocabj

I'm also having the same issues syncing apps over cable. I can't do a sync over wifi at work because of the topology of our enterprise WLC's.

4. mace85 macrumors newbie

Here is my solution.

It seems as if the phone tries to sync over wi-fi and USB at the same time and locks up. What I did was disable wi-fi, and put the phone in airplane mode and then plugged in the USB cable. This seems to have fixed the issue. Hopefully Apple will release a patch for this soon, because it's pretty damn annoying.

5. Harvey Specter thread starter macrumors regular

Harvey Specter

I didn't think to try that, when I get home from work today I'll definitely give it a shot :)

6. mace85 macrumors newbie

To be fair, I didn't think of it easier. I found it in an article about launch day glitches for the 6/6+. But I think it's an iTunes problem as opposed to the hardware because my 5 did the same thing yesterday.

7. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

This fix worked for my music, but the videos from iTunes still won't sync. Everythign works fine with an old iPad on iOS 8 so must be an iPhone 6 thing.

8. Harvey Specter thread starter macrumors regular

Harvey Specter

So wifi sync yielded the exact same result, but when I checked "Manually manage music and videos" and sync it, it works perfect even though the music tab has "sync all music" box unchecked.

9. kerr macrumors member

I'm sick of trying various suggestions to a bug that Apple should fix. Do I need to put 1 hand on my head, 1 leg in the air and sing Justin Bieber while I try to restore a backup onto my new iPhone? Or is it wifi off, airplane mode on, use the new lightning cable, set up as new phone first then restore? It's all BS. I restored my iPhone 5 last week without any issues. So I have a backup that restores fine to my i5 but won't to my i6. It's a bug and suggestions to try this or that are mere guesswork :mad:. FU Apple.