trouble syncing photos

Discussion in 'iPad' started by danielforman, Oct 24, 2015.

1. danielforman macrumors regular

Hi all,

Been on holiday and taken 1000+ photos with iPhone and Nikon D80. Got home and updated my iMac to el capitan and iPad 2 to iOS 9 and then downloaded my photos from my iPhone and D80 to my iMac using photos app. Tried syncing them to the iPad but only 700 odd sync across. iTunes syncs without any errors. You can see it says 1000+ photos to copy but once it gets to 700 odd it just stops and that's it. Realised that it seems to be all the photos taken with the D80 in raw format that are not syncing across. Never had this problem before and any photos taken with the D80 have always appeared on the iPad ok. Haven't synced the iPad with iTunes for a while so have tried it with my iPhone but the same is happening as well.

I have tried turning photos off and on on both the iPad and iPhone, I have repaired photos library, reinstalled iTunes using standalone installer, erased all content and settings from iPad and restored from iCloud backup but still no joy.

Has anyone ever experience anything like this or any suggestions to what I can try.

I have thought about converting the photos to JPG but wondered if there was anything I could try before I do that.

2. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

have you tried to browse those photos from your computer when your iphone is connected to it? e.g. using a software called iBrowse for mac/win.