trouble typing in URL when widescreen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by swiftman, Jan 26, 2008.

1. swiftman macrumors newbie

when i am surfing the web and turn the screen to wide screen and try to type a url... the keyboard is unresponsive... anyone else have this problem... the keyboards works in vertical mode perfectly.

also... i don't have a .com button ... wasn't there one before? i got my touch from the apple store online this past weekend... and i remember that in a retail store... the ".com" button was there when i was testing it out.

2. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

The .com button is only there during certain times. Weird...

3. swiftman thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried to use my touch on both sides.... the keyboard is completely screwy... i try to hit "a" and out comes a "w"... and most of the time not at all. but the keys all work perfectly vertically... and the screen also works fine when in cover flow... the play button is to the bottom left so i figured that would be screwy too but it wasnt.

this sucks.:(

4. MaTiCeK macrumors member

I get like a really slowly responding keyboard when I try to post a comment on a forum in widescreen mode. I don't get it everytime, but most times though!
    And sometimes it seems like it becomes normal again after a while, yet other times the backspace key gets stuck and instead of deleting just one or two letters goes on to delete everything i've been writing for the past 10 minutes. Horrible!

5. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

If you type an "a" and a "w" is produced. That sounds like a glitch in the hardware. Something that you could def. bring to the genius's and have them look at it. Most likely they will replace it...

6. swiftman thread starter macrumors newbie

update... called apple... they said i needed a replacement and that this was happening to others as well..

they said that my touch was messed up right out of the box.

blah...

anyway, they are sending another one "from china" tomorrow via one biz day shipping.

sending the other one back. now i need to get a replacement invisible shield too:( and will have to wait for that to come in the mail.

apple said that it totally sucks that my touch was screwy right out of the box... i was like "yeah, i know" :rolleyes:

7. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

never had any of these problems.

glad apple is giving you a new one, probably with the new apps.

8. swiftman thread starter macrumors newbie

i actually had the new apps already... however... it was a week 38.

they must be taking remaining inventory and just updating them and putting them back in the box.

it just sucks that my touch was less than a week old. but hopefully the replacement is a more recent manufacture.

9. swiftman thread starter macrumors newbie

update:

I got a replacement... I have not tested it out yet but am very optimistic.

I asked the apple people on the phone if i could get a newer manufacture week than the week 38... (since they just took old inventory out... updated it... and repackaged it) they said there was no way to do that and they just ship out as they are on the shelf...

but low and behold... I got a week 5!!!!!

as in ... my touch was made this past week. i wondered why it was a few days slower to ship than before.

cool huh.