Trouble un-Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dorv, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Dorv macrumors regular

OK, I've searched and searched, but can't find anything other than "put in recovery mode and restore via iTunes" for my problem, and that isn't doing it for me.

I had a GSM iPhone4 Jailbroken with firmware 4.3.2. I recently enrolled as a iOS dev, and wanted to install 5.0 beta. I ran into a host of errors, and figured (who knows if I was right or not) that the JB might be factoring into my inability to restore to 5.0.

So, I decided to restore to a clean install of 4.3.3. However, when I try to restore directly from that file (option-clicking restore in iTunes), I eventually get an error unknown (1) that I cannot restore. I've tried kicking in and out of DFU and recovery, to no avail. At this point I'd be happy with a clean install of the stock, public firmware.

Is there anything I'm obviously missing here?

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

When you google the error message, what does it say?
    You can always erase all in your phone to kill the JB.

3. Dorv thread starter macrumors regular

It was error (1) as a matter of fact.

The problem was in TinyUmbrella ... I had to untick the "adjust host file on exit" and was golden.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Glad you got it figured out! It makes sense that TU was the culprit because there has been some issue with Saurik's server.