Trouble uninstalling package...other issues.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Black Vegeta, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Black Vegeta macrumors member

I installed the Five Column Springboard instead of the Five Icon Springboard. Now when I attempt to remove the Five Column Package, I get an error everytime it tries uninstall.

Sub-process/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

When I restart the springboard it goes into Safe Mode. Do I have to SSH into my IPhone and remove the package?

Also, my IPhone won't get out of Safe Mode.

Help please.

2. Abcv2v macrumors newbie

Same here

Same here I got that problem today. I was installed Five Column Springboard from Xsellize scoure and it crashes and went to Safe Mode I tried to remove it and it said "Five Column Springboard suprocess pre-removal script returned error exit satus 127" I strugged with that many times I tried to reboot too and still won't work so I try to reinstall and it still show up Error. So I went to Settings and make sure that FCSB (Five Column SpringBoard) is off so I can remove.. But I was suprise that FCSB is not show up in Settings! I don't want to restore!! Because www.jailbreakme.com is not work anymore. I have no idea how can I remove them!! I NEED HELP TOO!!!!!!! Anybody's suggest?!?

I want to add one more thing. I did already check if there is Iconsupport and there no on it.

3. Black Vegeta thread starter macrumors member

Anyone have any help or insight on this issue?

4. Black Vegeta thread starter macrumors member

Alright, I got it fixed.

1. Install Rock
    2. Then went to force delete Five Column Springboard.
    3. Restart Springboard.
    4. No more FCSB and no more safe mode! :D

5. Abcv2v macrumors newbie

That's amazing.. Thank for telling me! Got fixed! :D TY!!!
    I can't thank enough!!!! TY!! :D.

6. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Rock is a piece of crap.
    Uninstall FCSB. Then use the freaking modmyi official repository to install and no problems.

7. Black Vegeta thread starter macrumors member

Apparently you didn't read our post. We were unable to uninstall FCSB and kept recieving error messages when attempting to do so.

Rock is a piece of crap. However it was the quickest and most painless method to take care of our issue.

After I solved my problem, Rock was inmmediately unistalled.