Trouble unlocking iphone 3g using Cydia... Help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by smhurd, Dec 21, 2011.

1. smhurd macrumors newbie

I have FINALLY succeeded at jail breaking my iphone 3g 4.2.1 (i think!)... I used redsnow (redsn0w_mac_0.9.6rc16) with the regular and custom ispw's. My baseband had to be upgraded to 6.15 first as it was 5.15 previously, and it took me ages to finally figure out the jailbreak, it kept getting stuck in emergency call mode.

ANyways, Now I can finally access the iphone, but when I try and run cydia it just opens momentarily in a blank screen and then returns to the main app screen.

Any idea how to fix this? I am completely new to all this jailbreaking/unlocking language by the way so basic instructions would be much appreciated!!!
    :)

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

First, you need to know what's on your phone. If you can't even be sure of your iOS, it's likely you screwed everything else up.
    Get your basics in order and stop being ignorant. Help us help you. :rolleyes:

3. smhurd thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, no need to be rude. This is all new to me. These forums are meant to be supportive for both experienced and "newbie" users. If you can't help or you think I need to give more information just say so - no need to say things such as "it's likely you screwed everything else up" and "stop being ignorant". I mean really... surely some basic manners wouldn't hurt.

For anyone else who might have had a similar problem, it turns out Cydia wouldn't run because it hadn't installed properly, and once I'd rerun the PWNAGE program again it worked a treat.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Like Eastercat said, find out what you have on your phone;

Firmware version: 4.2.1?
    Modem firmware: 06.15 or 05.15.

Try to hard reboot the phone and see if it fixes the Cydia issue.