trouble unlocking iphone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tristanm, Sep 3, 2011.

1. tristanm macrumors newbie

hi, im having trouble unlocking my iphone 3g 8g with baseband 05.15.04 bootloader 06.04 and ios 4.2.1.
    The problem occurred after i had used ultrasn0w to unlock and tested it with a t-mobile SIM card and got a never-ending "searching" for service which eventually lead to "no service." Ive browsed around youtube and other forums to find that my baseband wasnt actually compatible with ultrasn0w. So, i tried using fuzzyband to downgrade my baseband to 05.13.04. But, the bootloader wasnt compatible with fuzzyband. So now im stuck between a rock and a hard place: upgrade baseband to 06.15 and risk loosing GPS and making this permanent change, or just sell the iphone as is (not unlocked)

any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

You've answered your own question as those indeed are your only choices. Your phone is not unlockable through any method other than the iPad baseband, unless your original carrier is willing to unlock it. If that's AT&T, you're out of luck.

Sorry.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. tristanm thread starter macrumors newbie

alright

alright well im using pwnage to upgrade the BB but its stuck in itunes at "verifying iphone restore." its been at this for a couple hours. anything to do? should i just unplug it and start over?