Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drfp25

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Alabama
i have had my new imac for a couple of weeks now and I am really enjoying it, however, i have been having a lot of trouble trying to update to 10.5.3. iMac restarts and begins installing but the progress part only moves a bit and then the installation hangs and i have to restart my computer. I tried to install it again last night and left my computer running all night (at least 8 hours) and the progress bar had not moved at all.
Any suggestions before i call applecare or take it to the apple store?

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Have you tried an archive and install?

Carrot007

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Yorkshire
And it did not install?

My computer hung as you describe but when I restarted it I was on 10.5.3 so I guess it just didn't do the restart itself.

drfp25

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Alabama
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Have you tried an archive and install?

how do you do that?

And it did not install?

My computer hung as you describe but when I restarted it I was on 10.5.3 so I guess it just didn't do the restart itself.

nope, it didnt finish installing, still on version 10.5.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.