Trouble uploading F4V files?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jbonante, May 6, 2010.

1. jbonante macrumors member

Hello,

I've converted my .mov file straight from final cut to both FLV & F4V. The F4V file is better quality and i would like to upload it to my website using dreamweaver cs4. That's were the problem comes in. I have no trouble uploading a flv but can't upload a F4V file. Looks like my only options is Flash or FLV.

Does anyone know if it's possible to upload a FV4 file in dreamweaver? I prefer it over FLV due to the quality.

Thanks!

2. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

Any error messages, etc??

You could try a stand-along FTP program.
    Cyberduck, transmit, Fetch, etc..

3. jbonante thread starter macrumors member

no, no error message.

I understand what your saying about using an ftp client to upload it but i think thats a different problem...

When on creating my website and want to upload a video, what format should be?

FLV shows a gray box and once i save the page and view it in the browser the video plays. Problem is FLV is lower quality then F4V... at least for me.

When i go to upload FLV in dreamweaver and try to select the F4V file it's grayed out and can't be selected.

4. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

Ah, I see what the issue is.

All Dreamweaver is doing is inserting code to get Flash content to show up. Theres no black magic involved or anything like that. You could easily do this yourself.

This is the library Adobe is using now in dreamweaver to set flash content.

http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/

Its very well documented and easy to understand, even for non-coders, I'd give that a shot.

If for some reason this doesn't work(I'd be very surprised if it didn't),
    i'd just go with the flv file.

I'm guessing that the reason flv files look different to you is because you have different settings for each format. Flash Player is really just a container, its the combination of your source material and converter settings that determine quality. I'd go back and take a look and make sure the settings are the same.