trouble uploading files from camera to mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lala27, Oct 28, 2008.

1. lala27 macrumors newbie

My mac doesn't seem to recognise that the USB is plugged in (to either the main insert or the keyboard)... when I click on HD, there is no external connection to be found. Does anyone know how to commence this communication between devices?

Cheers, Lala

2. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Your camera may have to be turned on to be recognised by the system. What do you mean by click on HD?

3. bananabar macrumors regular

Go to your dock and click on Applications, then click on Image Capture.

Once it has opened, go to Preferences and select iPhoto under "When a camera is connected."

That might solve it. (and obviously make sure that you plug in your camera and then switch the camera on and select 'Play' mode)

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Just FYI, I ran into something wierd with my mom's digital camera. Can't remember now what model but it was a tiny red quick shot type camera.

Anyway, I was curious why it didn't appear to connect (it actually did), there was no HD icon, no notification that it connect except on the camera screen (it gave some message like USB Connection) but nothing on the Mac.

After about an hour of trying to figure it out and my sister saying she was able to download them on her MB, I opened iPhoto and blam, sure as ***** there was the camera. That's when my sister said "Oh yah, I had to open iPhoto to get the photos out." She ended up with a bruised arm and I finally got the pictures off :D

Basically what I'm saying is see if that works. The desktop showed no camera connection, iPhoto didn't pop up (and I have mine set to do so) but when I did crank up iPhoto, the camera showed up. Kinda like my iPhone, nothing shows up that it's connected until I open iTunes (I might have that set wrong but doesn't matter to me)

5. highjumppudding macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

make sure you are plugged into a high speed usb port.