Trouble Uploading Pics to Facebook

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TomyDingo, Feb 13, 2009.

1. TomyDingo macrumors member

TomyDingo

For some reason I can not upload photos to Facebook! I've tried on Safari and Firefox and I get an error trying the simple uploader and nothing is uploaded if I use the java uploader. Anyone else have this problem? I even tried adding the picture to my iPhone and adding it through the Facebook app but received an error. The photo isn't super large either, it's only about 150kbs. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

What version of the OS, what version of Safari/Firefox? Safari should be running 3.2.1, Firefox latest version is 3.0.6. Are the pictures in Finder or in iPhoto. Give us something to work with.

3. Cathode macrumors regular

Cathode

I'm having an issue similar to this. I'm running:

Firefox 3.0.6

The photos will upload but will not update the page. For instance, you click upload and you get no message that it was completed, however it does actually post if you completely "refresh" the page.

It does this on both my work iMac in the office and personal MacBook Pro at home.

4. TomyDingo thread starter macrumors member

TomyDingo

Sorry, I actually figured out why it wouldn't let me upload. Apparently Facebook doesn't allow images with an aspect ratio greater (or is smaller?) than 3:1. I fixed it though.