Trouble viewing embedded videos with Camino?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GanChan, Oct 9, 2010.

1. GanChan macrumors 6502a

I wonder if you can help me diagnose this issue. I generally use Camino and it works great except on sites that include embedded (from YouTube) video clips. If I try to play the clip, I get nothing but a a "Sorry, an error occurred" message. The same pages play video just fine when I view them in Safari.I'm using the latest version of both browsers, for what it's worth.

Camino has no trouble with videos viewed on YouTube itself. I guess there's some piece of code in the embedded videos that it just doesn't understand.

Anyone else have this problem, or know what I should do about it? I prefer Camino to Safari for most daily work, otherwise I guess I'd just use Safari as my primary browser. It just seems odd.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Whenever you need help with a specific website, you should give a link to that specific site.

3. GanChan thread starter macrumors 6502a

It isn't confined to a specific website. It occurs with every single embedded video on every single website that contains them. And as I mentioned, Safari plays the same embedded videos on those sites flawlessly.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

As amazing as it may seem, there are very few psychics who frequent this forum. For the vast majority of those not so blessed, we need a link to test your "problem." If you claim that you experience this problem on multiple websites, then multiple links and any other relevant information would be helpful. Just saying "I have a problem" is not sufficient information to help most people solve the problem.

5. solaris macrumors 6502a

solaris

6. GanChan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, that's what it was! Thanks for your help, Solaris. :D