Trouble waking up MBP from sleep.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iJesus, May 28, 2008.

1. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Alright, I have a MBP and this problem only started 2 days ago. The problem that I have is waking the MBP from sleep. Normally, when I'm done using my laptop I close the lid and let it go to sleep. When I need to use it, I open the lid and BAM, on in an instant. What happens now? I close the lid and the sleep light doesn't light up! I open the laptop, nothing happens; not even if I touch the trackpad or press some keys. What I have to do is press the power button and it shows the gray startup screen but then it turns into a transparent gray screen with my desktop in the background. And it has little bars at the bottom like a message from Steve telling me "No, you will use your MBP when I tell you to. Now WAIT!" (picture attached)

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Attached Files:

2. iJesus thread starter macrumors 6502a

iJesus

3. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Try resetting the PRAM

Locate the following keys on your keyboard: COMMAND, OPTION, 'P', and 'R'. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously.
    Restart your Macintosh and hold the COMMAND-OPTION-'P'-'R' key combination. You must be pressing this key combination before you get to the 'Welcome to Macintosh' screen.
    You will hear the startup chime. Continue holding the keys down until you have heard three chimes.
    Your computer's PRAM will be reset to the default values.

4. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Usually this happens when your Mac is waking up from deep sleep or from hibernation. The semi-transparent screen also appears when you've put the machine to sleep and changed the battery. It only does this when your Mac needs to load the contents of the memory from HD... hence the bars.

If a PRAM reset doesn't work for you, I'd go ahead and do our cron jobs (general house keeping that Unix needs to do on a weekly and monthly basis. You can download various utilities for this - I use MainMenu

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant