Trouble with Address Book on Mac/Contact on iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by petrucci666, Apr 25, 2012.

1. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

It's a simple problem, but kind of annoying.

I have my mom listed under 'Mama', so she it's not your typical 'First Name, Last Name' situation. I typed in Mama under First Name and left it but for soem reason it's copying Mama under Last Name as well so it lists as 'Mama Mama' which is stupid.

I go and manually delete it and it stays like that for a few days and then it just comes back to being 'Mama Mama' again.

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Thanks!

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Try removing "Mama" from both fields and adding to 'Company'. That should let it work. I have numerous contacts with only a company name and they all seem to work fine.

3. MattInOz macrumors 68030

MattInOz

If you go into Edit mode for a contact you can scroll to the bottom and hit add field.
    Add Nickname, as that field will take precedence over all others. When your Mamma calls it'll say Mamma on your screen not her real name.

4. moonman239 macrumors 68000

Yeah. With the ability to put nicknames and tell the iPhone she's your mother, there's no point in John Appleseed putting his mother's contact information under a contact named "Mama Appleseed".

5. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

Wow! What a great feature that I never realized was there! I swear, no matter how long I work with iPad/iPhone/MBP - there's always something undiscovered showing up. It's like a treasure hunt! :D