Trouble with AirPort

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hit2cho, Dec 27, 2009.

1. hit2cho macrumors newbie

I've realized that sometimes I "lose" my wireless signal. I am not using an AirPort router (I'm using Linksys, if that's at all helpful). I've noticed that suddenly all of the wireless signals disappear from the AirPort menu up on the menu bar, except the network that I am connected to (i.e., I only see my router's name there). It also becomes impossible for me to browse the internet, so what I've done to troubleshoot this is disable the AirPort, put the computer to sleep, and disconnect/reconnect my router. When I turn it on, it seems to work. I've also tried simply disabling and then re-enabling AirPort, but it doesn't work after that.

Anyone else having this problem/something similar? Thanks for the advice, in advance.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What operating system/machine? Where is your router located? Do you have any other wireless devices in the vicinity that might be interfering (cordless phones, microwaves, etc)?

3. hit2cho thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm running a Macbook Pro with Leopard 10.5.8. The router is about 5 feet from my desk, and there is a microwave about 30 feet from my desk and a cordless phone in a bedroom a good distance away, too, but that is hardly used. Only other wireless device I can think of is a cell phone, but it isn't even wifi-capable.