Trouble with Apple Mail Signature

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bstone0, Sep 24, 2009.

1. bstone0 macrumors newbie

Hi, I am having difficulty with the Mail signature function. I have been able to make one however I am having the following problems:

- When I add an attachment the images I have (business logo and signature) also attach as an attachment and are removed from the body of the email.

- The images do not show all the time when I send these to my business email.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Don't use images in your e-mails. You can't control how they appear at the destination. Inline images will show up as attachments with Apple Mail.

3. bstone0 thread starter macrumors newbie

There must be a better way to insert your business logo into your signature in Apple Mail???

Can anyone help?

4. Buzz Bumble Guest

Emails should really only be plain text.

Pasting or drag 'n' dropping an image into an email or signature adds that image file as an attachment. In Mail such images are usually displayed within the email, but how it works in other email programs differs and some will only have that image as an attachment.

You can create an HTML signature that accesses images stored on a web server, but again, how the emails are displayed will depend on the receiveing email application.

5. bstone0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately I am still none the wiser???

HELP

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's already been spelled out for you very clearly:

There is no way to guarantee your image gets viewed inline (as opposed to just an attachment) because that is controlled at the destination, not at the source.

Use a plain text signature and ditch the logo for your information to show up consistently across mail clients and operating systems.

7. JoshBoy macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

same issue

I had the same thing however I overcame it but what I have found is on the other end of the email it will come through as an attachment for some and a sig for others. There are tutorials online that help but it was hit and miss at times for me. The other issue i faced is it would add the logo under the other persons email. I think apple still have a lot of work to do around this for business customers.

Keep searching google and you will find the solution.

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It has nothing to do with Apple. Both of you are just faulting Mail for not doing something you "want" when it simply is not the reality.