Trouble with application windows

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by whereitwas3892, Aug 24, 2010.

1. whereitwas3892 macrumors newbie

I just got a new mac, and have accidentally set up something weird with my applications. I can only ever have one application showing on the desktop although I have a few programs open. As soon as I click on another application on the dock the current window open will hide and the new one will show. It's nothing to do with spaces or anything, I haven't got that turned on. The only way that I can have different application windows open is if I hold 'command' and 'tab', and select a different application.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Could it be Exposé? Has a restart fixed anything? And where have you set that "weird something" up?

3. whereitwas3892 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I restart it a couple of times and nothing's changed. I have no idea how I set it up, I think it might have been some keyboard shortcut that I did by accident. The other that fixes it by the way is if, on the toolbar between the 'apple' and 'file' menus, i select the menu of the application's name and then select 'show all'. I don't think it is expose, everything there looks like it does when I first got the mac.
    Thanks