Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
The area surrounding the app icon must be invisible, not black. if you want to do it the correct way, you can use square icons measuring 120x120 pixels. then, the corners will be rounded automatically.

edit: maybe your source uses the icons on a black wallpaper where you just can't see the black border. the fix would probably be to create new pngs sized 120x120 pixels with an invisible background and then cut out the icon shapes from your source files and paste them into your new invisible png files.

Last edited:

Hoothh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
The area surrounding the app icon must be invisible, not black. if you want to do it the correct way, you can use square icons measuring 120x120 pixels. then, the corners will be rounded automatically.

edit: maybe your source uses the icons on a black wallpaper where you just can't see the black border. the fix would probably be to create new pngs sized 120x120 pixels with an invisible background and then cut out the icon shapes from your source files and paste them into your new invisible png files.

118 x 120

if i put 120 the second number goes to 122, -_-

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
118 x 120

if i put 120 the second number goes to 122, -_-

that sounds Iike you were trying to scale an existing image to 120x120. what I meant was that you have to create new files sized 120x120 with the background set to invisible, then cut out the icon shapes from the other files and paste them into the earlier created new files that are 120x120.

Hoothh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
They will sloppy and worse if i attempt to cut them out in ms paint

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.