Trouble with Cabos, iTunes, duplicate songs and deleted songs.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mobius7, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Mobius7 macrumors newbie

Wow, ok where do I start? I guess from the beginning. I thought my black MacBook was running a little slow so I checked up on the Activity Monitor. After about an hours use it can easily use up a bit over 1GB of RAM. I have no idea whether or not this is normal but I assumed (and still dont know) that it was too much.

Here is a pic with the Activity Monitor and iStat Pro in the same frame
    http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa55/JoeK_7/random/Picture2-2.png

I thought to myself "it must be all that music I'm downloading" I went to the Downloads Folder and erased a useless song, still played in iTunes. Another, and again it plays. Then I go through and delete ALL of them. I check a few and it looks good. With cleaning on my mind I go through and delete more .mp3's and mp4's(directly from Finder, not the downloads folder) I check iTunes. Some where along the lines I messed up.

Out of the maybe, 200 songs I delete, around 75 are gone forever except their little song name and artist name in iTunes. So now I have to go get them back right?

Now I start fiddling with cabos so I can try and not create ANY duplicates. I make a Cabos folder and tell Cabos to move songs there. Doesnt work. I do some test songs and deletions. The last song I deleted in my finder but it still worked in iTunes (thats not what happened last time) additionally, the test songs were under Music>iTunes>iTunes>Artist>Album>Song (but I thought thats what get rid of it completely?)

I guess to sum it up I have a few questions.

-Do all these extra files (mostly .mp3s) that take up memory slow down my computer?

-Why do some songs that I delete in Finder are playable in iTunes while others are gone forever?

-How can I get Cabos to move songs directly to iTunes (again i mean, I messed it up and dont remember) only this time make SURE it doesnt have copies laying around?

Any other help relating to my mess that I made today would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Mobius7 thread starter macrumors newbie