Trouble with camera and disk

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RangerFan104, Jul 18, 2009.

1. RangerFan104 macrumors newbie

Hello. I am somewhat new to Mac (a little more than a month) and I have a 13-inch aluminum MacBook.

Well I've been camping and so I've been taking lots of pictures with my fujifilm camera. But today upon plugging in my camera my batteries died, so I replaced them and plugged my camera in again. My camera name did not appear on my desktop for a while, but eventually it did, however a message came up saying something like, "the device PHILIPSCAM (that's my cameras name) is damaged..." it said You must back up your data and reformat the disk as soon as possible. The problem is I don't have a backup drive (unless there's one built in??) and I don't know how to reformat the disk. I assume it's referring to my computers files... am I going to lose everything? I'd really rather not... O.O

Please help. Any advice appreciated! :apple:

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

It actually sounds like it's asking you to format the memory card of the camera not the disk in the computer.

3. RangerFan104 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you know how I could do that? My camera has an XD card, not an SD.

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

There's probably an option in one of the camera menus to format the storage card. This will of course delete everything off the card.

5. RangerFan104 thread starter macrumors newbie

Indeed, there was, but it turns out some of the pictures on my camera had become corrupted, one of them being the most recent picture taken, so I just deleted some of them and it all works now.

Thanks for your help.
    :apple: