TROUBLE with Cases + Screen Protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by computermilk, Jun 29, 2010.

1. computermilk macrumors 6502

Hey folks.

Right now i'm using a Zag screen protector, and i would say it's about 95% straight and perfectly on.

Using the clear Belkin case it touches the screen protector and rips it up on the corners...

I also ordered the Bumper.. and tried to put that on... and that ALSO touched the zagg skin and ripped up the corners..

Has anyone found, or IS anyone currently using a good combo of Front and back screen protectors with a bumper or something?

If so, what brand? and is it touching the screen protector and ripping up the corners?

2. bigtrip macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat. I really like the belkin case, but it destroyed the zagg I had on the screen. I pulled it off last night and thoroughly enjoy the feel of the bare glass, but I'm too chicken to not have some sort of screen protector on this thing. I ordered a bumper and planned to try it with some sort of wrap or zagg, but I guess it will probably do the same thing. I'd really like to know what skins, if any, do work with bumpers or the grip vue case.

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I'm using a Zagg IS with my bumper and have no such problems. Let it dry, put on bumper, done.

I also have a Best Skins Ever and Phantom Skinz on the way because I like to try them all. But yeah, no issues here.

4. computermilk thread starter macrumors 6502

I mean... aren't you afraid of scratching the screen?

I used to have a Nexus one, and it had Gorilla glass as well, and i actually got a tiny scratch on that screen...

I would hate myself if i got a scratch on my iPhone 4..

I want a solution where i can have front and back screen protectors AND use the bumper at the same time...

;/

5. computermilk thread starter macrumors 6502

I did let mine dry... :(

Maybe it's not on perfect enough?

Thanks for those 2 brand name drops, i will look those up.

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Yeah if it's not aligned possibly one edge is hanging over more thus allowing the bumper to lift up the extra material hanging over.

Phantom Skinz is supposed to be great because it has no orange peel and they give you 2 sets of skins. There is a coupon out there, I got 2 sets for 17 bucks.

Best Skins Ever is THE SAME stuff as Invisible Shield but much cheaper and they have amazing customer support.

7. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

My Zag IS should be in any day now - if I put it on and my pumper peels it I'm going to be pissed - I WILL let it cure overnight before mucking around w/ it though.

I still believe in Otterbox - if they'd just release their product any day now ...

8. ignign0kt macrumors member

How does the bumper rip up the Zagg
    I'm trying to visualize it but I don't see how it would affect it

9. computermilk thread starter macrumors 6502

It does this because the skin goes right to the edge almost with the iPhone 4 design and the way cases are, when they WRAP around the body of the phone they rest down in place on the front of the screen. and it touches like RIGHT where the skin is and rips it up.

My Belkin clear case is doing it, and my bumper does it as well.

I think im going to try to order those Phantom skins online.

10. ignign0kt macrumors member

Damn, well that sucks. I have the bumper and I'll be getting the Wrapsol skin today. I didn't think I would have any problems but that's a little disconcerting ;\

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Non issue. Just avoid using both

- Steve Jobs

12. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Hahahaahahaahahahaa.

13. BulkHedd macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

I have had a Power Support Crystal Film on my 3GS almost since the day I got it. No case I have tried interferes with it but if you look at it in direct sunlight you can see some fine scratches on the film. I have been VERY happy with it and when (if) I get an iPhone 4 I will probably go with the Crystal Film for it.

14. chartrapp macrumors member

love the quote

hilarious.

15. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'm using my Zagg that I had installed yesterday @ Best Buy along with a Speck Candyshell case and I have no issues with it. I did have an issue with the ifrogz case though. That will definitely bend the corners as well as the Griffin Reveal.