Trouble with downloading 7.1

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by determined09, Mar 16, 2014.

1. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

Is anyone else having trouble with downloading 7.1 onto there home computer? I have two precious failed attempts. I have ATT DSL internet service as my internet provider. I've restarted my computer also. Any tips or suggestions will be appreciated?

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I have the same setup as you. When I tried to upgrade to iOS 7.1 using iTunes, I got an error. Plugged iPad MiniR into power cord instead and upgraded via wifi. No problem and very quick.

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

Were you on wifi? Try plugging the in ethernet cable for the download.

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I read over the weekend on these forums that there seems to be official "encouragement" for OTA upgrades rather than straight-up downloads as in the past. Whether or not this is true, IDK, however, my experience seems to be in line with this theory.

5. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

My first attempt at downloading 7.1 was unsuccessful. It made it half way and failed. I re-downloaded it and it worked the second time.

Weird.

6. determined09 thread starter macrumors 65816

determined09

I was using Itunes in order to downloand IOS 7. on the three attempt to download it. I was able to download it.

7. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

Did you ever stop and think that Apple Servers are busy with a million downloads and text messages every single minute of the day?

That is why there are failed attemps to download, Apple's servers time out when they are extremely busy.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

They aren't so busy most of the time.