trouble with Entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hugh, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

I have the Student ed of Mac Office 2008. The only thing I can't do with Entourage is Exchange right?

Here is the problem, every time I try to send an attachments. It lets me pick the file(s), no problem here. Then I tell it to send it. Once the mail has been sent, the attachments don't open on the original or the sent copy.

If I try to open it though Entourage I get "Entourage Error Unknown". If I save the file and try to open it that way. It will launch the right app to open the file correctly. But the App will tell me this file is corrupted or incomplete.

EDIT: Now it's not allowing my to save the attachments. I get some "Entourage Error Unknown". I get this on both sides with the original post and with the sent file.

Is any one having the same problem as me? If so how did you fized it? I did a search and nothing came up for my problem. Just to mention both places have all the updates.

Hugh

2. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

I use entourage at work and Tech a building with 300 people using it and I don't think I have ever seen that.

We are switching to an exchange server so I am pretty sure you can use exchange with entourage 08.

I would recommend checking for updates or reinstalling the microsoft suite.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

If you have Entourage, then you have Entourage. Its functionality is not compromised because of its packaging.

The thing that you need to understand is that Exchange is not one thing. Each installation is unique. Outlook is programmed to sniff-out those uniqueness. Entourage 2008 fully updated is supposed to be better at it than it used to be. However, I have my doubts.

That said, Entourage can't change the original of an attachment. Therefore, it cannot possibly alter your ability to open a file. It may be helpful if you were to explain exactly what you mean by "the attachments don't open on the original or the sent copy":
    • Which "original"?
    • Which "sent copy"?
    • How are you trying to open them?
    • Were you able to open them before you sent the message?
    • How and where are you trying to save attachments?
    • Which protocol are you using to encode your attachments?