trouble with external monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by valiechemicalie, Mar 2, 2009.

1. valiechemicalie macrumors member

Just bought a mini dvi to vga cable and now im trying to connect my unibody 2,4 with a samsung display but my macbook won't find the display.
    When i press search for displays my screen goes blue and then returns to the normal desktop and the external screen keeps saying check signal cable.
    Already checked the cables there al in properly....

2. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

Do you have another monitor to rule out that it is not an issue with the mac recognizing the display? Did you check to see if there is a driver that the manufacturer makes for that Samsung? What is the model number of the Samsung display?

3. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Samsung and Sony are the two brands which have had this trouble the most, I'm afraid (to my knowledge). No one has come up with a fix yet. Apple released a few drivers to fix the issue but took them down swiftly because of some errors.

4. valiechemicalie thread starter macrumors member

its a 223BW

It works fine with a windows laptop

5. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

And that it should. See the reason I ask for another monitor cause you can rule some things out.

1) A bad adapter
    2) Driver issues with monitor

6. 3GROC macrumors newbie

do you mean 2232BW?

I have that monitor and use it with my blackbook but I use the dvi input. works fine. works fine with my vaio vista laptop through vga but I havent tried the vga with my macbook.

my only issue are that fonts dont look sharp on it.